UVG CNC Rotary Table Universal Grinding Center
Using the UVG-CNC for heavier components has a distinct advantage over a horizontal grinder in that, rather than constantly fighting gravity, the weight of the component actually makes it easier to load and position on a rotary table.
As well as the standard wheel head configuration, the UVG-CNC can offer a wide choice of wheel spindle combinations, together with a large variety of accessories to enable each machine to be tailored to an individual customer’s production requirements.
Standard Wheel Head Configurations
- 2 x vertical spindles for internal and external grinding.
- 1 x horizontal spindle for surface grinding.
- 1 x measuring probe to enable precise size control of internal and external diameters and component height.
The machines are equipped with the latest generation FANUC 0i-TF control, motors and equipment.
The powerful user-friendly 15” touch screen control uses graphic-based software specially created by GER. The interactive software helps make it easier for less experienced operators to use.
Touch-screen programming with user-friendly GER graphic based grinding cycle screens to guide the operator.
- The machines are equipped with the latest generation FANUC 0i-TF CNC control, motors and equipment.
- Intuitive programming allows difficult grinding and dressing programs to be linked to create pre-defined simple cycles.
- The step-by-step programming philosophy makes it easier to program complicated jobs.
- USB and Ethernet connections enable program input and saving.
- A useful feature enables the operator to modify the process during automatic cycle without affecting the original program.
- Software page application for grinding time calculations.
- On-screen messages help the operator to choose the most suitable grinding operation for the process.
- Data base screen which allows customers to create and save the characteristics of grinding wheels and diamond tooling.
- Wheel dressing is made easy with pre-defined graphic profiles.
- Powerful software allows on screen graphic visualization and direct input of complex non-standard profiles to be programmed using ISO code.
- Possibility of grinding different profiles using the profile following cycle.
- Measuring probe enables precise size control before, during and after each grinding operation.