RTV CNC Rotary Table Surface Grinders
The X axis longitudinal table movement is directly mounted on the front of the bed with the integrated rotary chuck which includes C axis. These machines provide an excellent solution with maximum single spindle flexibility for large diameter, heavy components which require high precision internal, external and face grinding – for example motor casings, gears, bearings and turbines found in sectors such as power generation, aerospace and marine etc.
Using a RTV-CNC for heavier components has a distinct advantage over a horizontal grinder in that, rather than constantly fighting gravity, the weight of the component actually makes it easier to load and position it on the rotary table.
The machines are equipped with the latest generation FANUC 0i-TF control, motors and equipment.
The powerful user-friendly 15” touch screen control uses graphic-based software specially created by GER. The interactive software helps make it easier for less experienced operators to use.
Touch-screen programming with user-friendly GER graphic based grinding cycle screens to guide the operator
- Intuitive programming allows difficult grinding and dressing programs to be linked to create pre-defined simple cycles.
- The step-by-step programming philosophy makes it easier to program complicated jobs.
- USB and Ethernet connections enable program input and saving.
- A useful feature enables the operator to modify the process during automatic cycle without affecting the original program.
- Software page application for grinding time calculations.
- On-screen messages help the operator to choose the most suitable grinding operation for the process.
- Data base screen which allows customers to create and save the characteristics of grinding wheels and diamond tooling.
- Wheel dressing is made easy with pre-defined graphic profiles.
- Powerful software allows on screen graphic visualization and direct input of complex non-standard profiles to be programmed using ISO code.
- Possibility of grinding different profiles using the profile following cycle.
- Measuring probe enables precise size control before, during and after each grinding operation.