Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, we are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) to join our manufacturing team to contribute to our safety first production operations by regularly inspecting, repairing, modifying, and maintaining equipment and machinery as required to minimize downtime and to further advance our continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, compliances and maintain a clean & safe working environment.
- Performs PM work and repairs to machinery and plant support systems with regards to mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, problems
- Work with preventative maintenance programs and keep detailed and accurate maintenance records.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate the parts required during overhauls, maintenance, or set-up of machinery
- Works with a wide array of precision tools, such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, gauge blocks, and levels
- Fabricates custom parts, fixtures, and guarding by means of arc welding, grinding, oxyacetylene cutting
- Assembles and installs machinery and equipment such as mixers, saws, pullers, precision bearings, gear-boxes, clutches, motors, shafts, sprockets, chains, conveyors, etc.
- Alignment skills, couplings on pumps and various couplings
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery and equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production requirements are met Other duties as required
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Must be a valid Maintenance Millwright who is fully licensed/certified in the Province of Ontario
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Reliable, punctual and health-safety-environment conscious
- Must be available to work shifts and overtime
- Ability to operate forklifts and aerial lifts
- Strong familiarity with machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines); use of power tools
- Understanding of bearings and their functions
- Must be able to read drawings and machine parts from a sketch or sample
- Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Standard inventory of Millwright tools required