The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing mechanical components, machinery, and equipment using applied knowledge of engineering principles. This may include fabricating, operating, installing, or repairing design products such as motors, instruments, control panels, and other machines. Other engineering functions will fall under the direction of the Mechanical Engineer on a project-by-project basis.
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Design, develop, manufacture, install, and test machines such as motors, tools, instruments, and other mechanical devices.
- Fix machines such as electric generators, internal combustion engines, steam turbines, and gas turbines.
- Specialize in energy systems, applied mechanics, machine design, manufacturing, plant engineering, and maintenance.
- Develop HVAC equipment, machine tools, material handling systems, industrial production equipment, and robots used within manufacturing.
- Design and develop machine tools for use by other engineers.
- Review, evaluate, and improve upon engineering schematics and specifications prepared by consultants.
- Conduct final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
- Create and implement standard specification languages and procedures for mechanical engineering projects.
- Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
- Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data.
- Act as project manager on mechanical engineering projects.
- Assist with the development of project plans, project costing, and coordinating the efforts of other engineers, technicians, designers, and drafters to support cross-functional collaboration.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Applications, Purchasing, IT, etc.) to ensure project success.
- Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
- Evaluate various mechanical products under consideration for purchase to determine their efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Recommend improvements to current design of products.
- Determine budget requirements for mechanical systems and submit budgetary recommendations.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of direct work experience with preference given to those with a background in metal cutting machine tools
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and other 3-D imaging software is essential.
- Solid background in machine design as it relates to motion controls, switches, valves, motors, panel wiring, cylinders, and so on.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into machines to insure that the organization is meeting its high quality goals and objectives.
- Ability to converse and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines.
- Experience designing man-machine interfaces.
- Competence in designing according to ISO 9001 standards.
- Working knowledge of risk analysis and relevant legislative compliance.
- Proven track record in managing large project budgets.
- Ability to identify key financial performance indicators and their relationship with project indicators.
- Excellent grasp of diverse, fundamental mechanical engineering concepts and relationships.
- Advanced mathematical skills, such as calculus and differential equations.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Frequent travel required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects may be required.
- Overtime as required.
Job Posting – Mechanical Engineer
DiPaolo Machine Tools Ltd. requires a Mechanical Engineer to design, develop, and test mechanical components, machinery, and equipment using their applied knowledge of engineering principles. This may include fabricating, operating, installing, or repairing design products such as motors, instruments, control panels, and other machines. Other engineering functions will fall under the direction of the Mechanical Engineer on a project-by-project basis.
DiPaolo Machine Tools Ltd. offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.