Responsible for all aspects of an automation project from initial planning, design and development, implementation, testing, commissioning to documentation.
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems.
- Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of automation applications and interfaces in a mixed environment.
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare materials, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems.
- Supervise and inspect the design, installation, modification and commissioning of automated systems.
- Investigate and analyze system failures and problems through known root cause methods.
- Analyze and improvement of the OEE, in specific for existing equipment.
- Direct involvement with Engineering with input on design, direction on current and new mechatronics projects.
- Work effectively with co-workers and management through effective communication.
- Hands-on work benchmarking and developing/evaluating prototypes.
- Provide production support for assigned application and automation systems.
- Travel to global plant sites, as required.>
- Post-secondary degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 3-5 years of automation engineering experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Eng designation preferred.
- PMP certification would be considered an asset.
- A solid understanding of electrical/electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints and pneumatic/hydraulic systems. Consult product specification books to identify the capacities, dimensions and prices of particular pieces of equipment.
- Basic knowledge of computer networking, Ethernet connections, TCP/IP Protocol, PLC programming including IEC 61131 Languages, Fanuc, computer-assisted design, manufacturing, and machining is preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to brainstorm new concepts, and take them through a logical, efficient development process.
- Assembly system and machine design experience preferred.
- Collaborative, positive, team-oriented mindset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation while managing expectations.
- Intermediate skillset in MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD LT and Solid Works.
- Report directly to the Service Manager
- Responsible for on-site customer servicing, assistance & repair, and prospective business development
- Complete on-site customer preventive maintenance, machine installations & repairs
- Repair electrical, electronic & industrial control systems, as well as any other related devices
- Diagnose as well as restore and fix any electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic mechanical and electrical equipment
- Manage and deal with customer issues and frequently asked questions
- Apply solutions that would enhance the company’s value to its customers
- When required offer advice & feedback to other departments of the company
- Complete Field Service Reports for all work performed
- Use measuring and testing instruments to test, analyze and examine electronic, electrical, and mechanical machinery and systems
- Complete training with customers (internal and external) on new machine installations
- Read and understand blueprints, drawings & schematics to decide the layout of industrial mechanical & electrical equipment as well as machine installations
- Test newly installed equipment/ machinery to ensure they are working properly
- Frequent travel required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects may be required.
- Overtime as required.